Thursday, June 5, 2014

Welcome to my Stream of Conciousness

Over time I have been discussing with my significant other (S.O.) all of the things that drive me crazy, make me laugh, make me cry, etc. Day after day I would come home to him with some crazy story from work that had me completely out of my mind and I would spend a good chunk of our time together just ranting.  If it wasn't work, it was something about my ex, his ex, our kids, the families, etc.  The only thing is that we only have each other to vent to (granted I do more venting than he does).

Unfortunately for him, he is also the only one I can tell all my silly jokes to, or show my internet memes to because he is the only one that 'gets me'.

This is why I don't do Pinterest
I won't pretend that anything I write will be of any interest to you, the reader.  Sometimes though I just feel the need to 'scream from the rooftops'. Whether it's anger about something at work or exhaustion and frustration about the fact that I'll likely never win 'Mom of the Year' award - especially compared to those Pinterest-Perfect-Parents.  You know.. the ones who spend their days making flower beds out of magic bean sprouts that were attached to the fur of the puppy they found and later adopted, which had wandered onto their perfectly manicured lawn....oh...and they cook all natural foods and great tasting desserts from recipes they've seen on Pinterest.

I'm not one of those moms by the way.  My kids eat way too many chicken nuggets and I think I've used my oven twice in the last 6 months - almost everything is nuked in the microwave or picked up on the way home - hence the boulder of guilt on my shoulders (as well as why I have a certain not-so-nice internal dialogue about those Pinterest-Perfect-Parents).   Sometimes I just want to express my absolute joy in something - or share something I find funny even if nobody else shares my sense of humor.  Basically I need a 'no judgement' zone.

Now he doesn't have to feign laughter
while watching this for the hundredth time
My S.O. ('significant other' -for those of you who are too bleary eyed like me from working hours upon hours in addition to shuttling kids and still finding time to somehow maintain a relationship -to retain that reference) suggested that I start a personal 'anonymous' blog so I can have the feeling of 'shouting from the rooftops' without the worry of being judged.  Now, I'm not stupid.  He could have suggested this so he doesn't have to listen to me gripe about any of the above mentioned items.  I can get it all out just by writing it - a form of blog-therapy.

OR - he could have suggested it to be supportive, finds me incredibly finds me,  and he really thinks there will be a treasure trove of like-minded people that will share my thoughts and want to habitually hear what I have to say.  I'd like to think it's more of the latter but....well...you know.  At any rate - I hope there is something that I write that you relate to, find funny, or just feel the need to share.

Since one of the goals is to find 'common ground' I will share a little bit about myself.  I work in the corporate world - one that's a little too stuffy for me but..hey...it pays the bills.  I work 40+ hours a week. Therefore, I'm not one of the ones hanging out in the parent drop off loop at the elementary school in my PJ's with nothing else to do until 2 p.m.  I'm the one in my car trying to get out of the "muddle' of the loop and get my head out of 'Mom Mode' and into 'Corporate Kick Ass Mode'.  I enjoy my job and the people that work with me.  I just have a complete disdain for those who put what's best for them to stay on their 'rung of the corporate ladder' above making the right decision (or any decision for that matter) as well as a loathing for the 'red tape' that can keep many people in jobs (corporate or otherwise) from moving forward (which is what a lot of my rants are about).

I have three kids - all of which bring me joy - and all of which can drive me absolutely crazy.   S.O. and I take turns keeping each other sane on a daily basis (and sometimes making things worse for each other I'm sure).

My blog is just a more 'socially acceptable' version of
turning green and throwing someone around like a rag doll
At any rate - I hope you find something you can relate to and maybe even the courage to find your own voice (or unleash your existing inner dialogue).   My goal is to vent, find humor in situations, and say the things that maybe I feel (or am told) that it's not my place to do so.  It is not my goal to have a bazillion followers - it is only to get everything out by clacking away on the keyboard.  Maybe then, at the end of the day,  I can just give a recap to my S.O. over a nice glass of wine - rather than drinking three bottles to forget about the events of the day (just kidding... I don't really do that... every day...).

No comments:

Post a Comment